Alton Public Library Card
- Every patron needs to have a library card to access computers or to borrow materials from the library.
- Library cards may be obtained by completing a borrower registration card. The card must include a telephone number and a reference name, address and telephone number. Anyone under the age of 18 must include a parent's name, address and telephone number (home/work)as a reference.
- A card bearing the patron's name and an assigned library number will then be issued.
- This card should be presented each time a loan is made.
- Each patron is responsible for all materials borrowed on his/her card. We recommend every member of a family have their own card.
- New patrons will be on a probation period of 6 months after signing up for a library card. A new patron is only allowed to check out two items per card.